We All Need Privacy. Here’s Our Commitment To Yours
For those who want the short and relevant answer, we will always, ALWAYS, respect your privacy, your email address, and the information you give us. We’re not going to sell it, trade it, or abuse any information you submit to us. But I’m sure you’ve got some questions. Here’s our answers to what may be running through your mind.
1. How’s my information going to be used?
When you sign up on our Products or Services, you’ll be receiving relevant information about Mindvalley, invites to our online events, as well as information about programs or products that pertain to meditation, spirituality, and personal growth.For full disclosure on how your information is used, head here »
2. How do I to stop receiving emails from you in the future?
If you wish to stop receiving emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time using the link provided at the bottom of all our emails. But if you’re still receiving emails from us, don’t worry, our Customer Happiness Manager will be there for you!
All you have to do is drop our Customer Happiness Manager an email at email@example.com
3. Who’s going to get my information?
Your information’s safe with us. So don’t worry about getting spam emails about Viagra or debt consolidation. We’ll never give out your email address or any of the information you submit on this site to anyone else.For full disclosure on how your information is used, head here »
4. What if I email you guys?
Your emails are confidential, we won’t share your email, data, or email address. Cool? It’s just between you and us.More on email privacy here »
Yup, but our cookies don’t contain any personal information. We use them to help you make using our website easier, such as:
- to remember your country and language preferences
- to deliver information that match your interests
- to help us understand our audience and traffic patterns
- to let you automatically log into programs and parts of our site that require membership
- to manage and present site info displayed on our website that will be specific to you
Here’s a picture of a real cookie, because these are more delicious.More on cookie usage here »
We also use Web Beacons to collect non-personal data on how you use our site, such as how long did you visit our page, what web browser you’re using, what’s your operating system, and who’s your Internet service provider. In addition we also use Google Analytics data and the DoubleClick cookie to serve ads based on a user’s prior visits to our website. This data is collected from thousands of site visits and analyzed as a whole. This helps us build a better website to match our visitors’ needs.
But if any of this feels uncomfortable to you, head here to disable cookies and beacons on your computer »
6. What if I post in one of your forums or blog posts?
Occasionally we hold public discussions through forums within our site. This may be on blog posts we put up or in our membership area. Please be aware that this is public space. Would you shout out your credit card information in public? Probably not. Use this same discretion when you post in our forums and when commenting.Learn more about our forums here »
7. How tech savvy are you guys when it comes to data security?
We’re real good. We have a ton (and wide variety, may I mention) of administrative, managerial, and technical security measures put in place to protect your personal information. We’ve never had a breach of security and always strive for excellence in maintaining your privacy.
It is mandatory for our tech team to wear these nerd glasses. This ensures 100% tech savviness so that your data is always safe.For more on data security, click here »
Got more questions? You can get a hold of our customer happiness manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the full and ever so much fun legalese, just read below :)
Your privacy is very important to us.
We want to make your experience on the Internet as enjoyable and rewarding as possible, and we want you to use the Internet’s vast array of information, tools, and opportunities with complete confidence.
Personal information our company collects and how it is used.
Members may be asked to provide certain personal information when they sign up for our Products or Services including name, address, telephone number, billing information (such as a credit card number), and the type of personal computer being used to access the Services. The personal information collected from Members during the registration process (or at any other time) is used primarily to provide a customized experience as you use our Products and Services. Your information will never be licensed or sold to any third party. However, we may make limited disclosure of personal information under the specific circumstances described below.
If you order services or products directly from our Company we will use the personal information you provide only to process that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
Responses to email inquiries
When Visitors or Members send email inquiries to our company, the return email address is used to answer the email inquiry we receive. Our company does not use the return email address for any other purpose and does not share the return email address with any third party.
Automatic collection of information
Cookies: Our Company may use “Cookies” to collect information. Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive, at a web site’s request. Our Company Cookies do not contain any personal information, but are used primarily as follows:
- to keep track of temporary information. For example, Cookies allow us to keep track of the pictures you upload and download;
- to register you in special programs. Cookies allow us to remember you when you login to the places on our site that require Membership;
- to remember your country and language preferences;
- to help us understand the size of our audience and traffic patterns;
- to collect and record information about what you viewed on our Web site and what you viewed in our e-mail;
- to manage and present site information and the pictures displayed on your computer, and
- to deliver information specific to your interests.
Web Beacons: We may also place small “tracker gifs” or “beacons” on many of the pages on our website, in online advertising with third parties, and in our email. We use these beacons, in connection with Cookies, to collect non-personal data on the usage of our site including but not limited to the date and time of the visit, the pages visited, the referring web page, the type of browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, NetScape), the type of operating system (e.g., Windows, Linux, or Mac), and the domain name of the visitor’s Internet service provider (e.g., AOL). This information is collected about thousands of site visits and analyzed as a whole. This information is useful in, for example, tracking the performance of our online advertising such as online banner ads and to determine where to place future advertising on other web sites.
You may also opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page:http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
Or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics Opt-out page.http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Some parts of our site may enable you to participate in public services such as discussion boards, chats, and live events. Please use discretion when posting personal information about yourself when using these services. Be aware that when you disclose personal information at these sites, such as your name, member name, email address, etc., the information may be collected and used by others to send unsolicited email. The services are open to the public, and what you post there can be seen by anyone and is not protected. We try to moderate the comments as best we can but we can’t guarantee total control of the comments that you may receive while you participate in these services. Sometimes, you may find other people’s comments to be offensive, harmful or inaccurate.
But none of these sentences are offensive at all:
- You’re wonderful!
- My goodness, your butt looks amazing in those jeans.
- How can someone as beautiful as you be allowed out on the streets?
- Thanks for gracing our website with your presence :)
Our company’s commitment to data security
We implement a variety of administrative, managerial, and technical security measures to help protect your personal information. Our Company has various internal control standards which relate specifically to the handling of personal information. These include certain controls to help safeguard the information we collect online. Our employees are trained to understand and comply with these controls and we communicate our Privacy Notice, practices and guidelines to our employees. However, while we strive to protect your personal information, you must also take steps to protect your information. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information while you are on the Internet.
Services and Web sites we sponsor have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information.
- The above privacy policies apply to your experience both on the app and over the web. While mobile consumption & experience may vary and we may chose to collect different information from you such as: Facebook id or email id or even your opinions and preferences on the kind of content we should cater, the guiding principal of the policies remain the same for both mobile and web.
- We will continue to respect your privacy across any sort of platform: Web, iOS, Android, kindle, tablets etc.
- We use technologies like cookies (small files stored on your browser), web beacons, or unique device identifiers to identify your computer or mobile device so we can deliver a better experience. Our systems also log information like your browser, operating system and IP address.
- We also may collect personally identifiable information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, phone number or email address.
- Our systems may associate this personal information with your activities in the course of providing service to you (such as pages you view or things you click on or search for). We may choose to link your personal activity data and link that your profile in order to serve you better and create a better experience for you.
- We do not store or share your location data: We do not use or collect your precise geographic location.
- You may opt in to get emails from us. Any e-mail you receive will always be relevant to Omvana. You can always opt out of recieving e-mails by unsubscribing with the link given below each e-mail.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off from our websites or platforms when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software
Apple Health Kit and Mobile
We have recently introduced a feature around Health kit in our iOS mobile apps. The feature gathers data on your vital body and health stats and help us recommend and cater better content to you.
The data ranges from your bloody pressure, heart rate, oxygen, glucose or stress and anxiety levels.
and such data is NOT stored or saved in our systems. This data is simply used to make calculations about and acts as simply an input to our data recommendation engine.
In fact we are in contract obligation with apple to not save this data for any future use. We simply use this data to calculate and assign you a rank. This rank determines the sort of content we should serve you to make your experience better.
We collect this data about your health and vital stats via Apple’s HealthKit as the only source. Apple may choose to gather this data from other apps, your apps, your data input on iOS and your wearables. For this or related information please refer to www.apple.com